COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDE
COVID-19 safety measures
The Belmont Water Dog Run is committed to the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff. We will be following all local and federal guidelines plus adding a few extra measures of our own on race day. Race Day will have a different look and feel in comparison to years past. We will get back to the good ‘ole days soon enough.
Face Coverings (masks, gaiters, bandanas)
- Face coverings will be required at all times for all participants under the age of 12 years old.
- Face coverings are strongly requested for anyone over the age of 12, is a participant, volunteer, or spectator.
- Face coverings are strongly requested while in the start line area and will remain in place until a safe distance has been established between you and the next person.
- Face coverings are strongly requested upon crossing the finish line and when not actively eating or drinking.
- Events are limited in size and will have a staggered start within their designated time. Details to follow.
- Participants will be encouraged to maintain social distancing.
- The event is chip timed. Your time will not be recorded until the moment you cross the start line.
- BYOW – we encourage you to bring your own water for the course.
- Snacks and Water will be available post event at designated tables manned by volunteers.
- Upon crossing the finish line, medals will be at designated tables manned by volunteers. We will not be mailing out medals.
- Awards – Overall awards (top three finishers for male and female in the 5k and 10k events) will be delivered (contactless delivery) or mailed upon result certification from our timer.
- No pancake breakfast in 2021.
- No post-race expo/festival.